|Published on: May 19, 2023|Categories: Recent Cases|
- Represented male driver of pickup truck struck by young and inexperienced driver who lost control of car while on icy road. Client suffered severe injuries to his lower back, requiring multiple surgeries. When insurance company for young driver denied all liability, a lawsuit was filed in Coos County Superior Court. After suit was filed, the insurance company settled the case for the full amount of the available insurance policy limits.
- Represented female driver of moped struck from behind by elderly driver, while moped driver was lawfully stopped at intersection. Client suffered multiple fractures of the thoracic spine, among other injuries. Case settled prior to lawsuit directly with insurance company for elderly driver for the full amount of the available insurance policy limits.
- Currently representing male bicyclist who was “cut-off” by careless teenage driver while bicyclist was lawfully riding his bike on highway. Client suffered severe wrist fracture, and lost substantial amounts of employment time as a result. Case is currently in negotiations with insurance company for teenage driver.
- Represented female passenger who was injured in single-vehicle crash on interstate highway due to driver’s carelessness. After insurance company for driver denied all responsibility for crash, a lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire. After substantial discovery, the case settled prior to trial.
- Represented young female driver struck from behind by another vehicle while driver was stopping for moose on a snowy highway at night. Client suffered significant painful injuries. Insurance company for vehicle that hit the client denied responsibility for the collision, claiming the collision was “weather-related”. After the insurance company received a draft of the lawsuit that had been prepared, the insurance company agreed to participate in a private mediation session, where the case settled, before the lawsuit was actually filed.
- Represented teenage female driver of vehicle that was struck by another vehicle that was operating too fast for the conditions of the roadway. Client suffered fracture in foot, which then caused severe vocational limitations. Because driver who caused collision was uninsured, an uninsured motorist claim was made against client’s own automobile insurance company. An arbitration hearing was held, and the arbitrators found in favor of client, with the amount of arbitration award exceeding the full amount of the available insurance policy limits.
- Represented female pedestrian struck in crosswalk by out-of-state driver. Client suffered fractures of five different bones. Suit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire. After a three-day jury trial, which included substantial electronic / digital presentation of evidence in New Hampshire Federal Court’s “high-tech” Courtroom, jury returned unanimous verdict in favor of client.