- Represented mother of young boy killed due to carbon monoxide poisoning in apartment complex, due to defective and faulty installation and maintenance of furnace. Mother also asserted her own claims, due to her own severe and permanent injuries from carbon monoxide poisoning. A lawsuit was filed in the United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire. After substantial and lengthy discovery conducted jointly by our firm and Massachusetts co-counsel, the case was settled during a private mediation session prior to trial.
- Represented family of man who committed suicide at secure government facility after being admitted to hospital because of psychiatric issues, including suicidal ideation, and being transferred to government facility to be placed on full-time “suicide watch”. Case was filed in Coos County Superior Court, but was settled during private mediation session prior to trial.
- Currently representing estate of a pedestrian who was killed by careless driver of a vehicle. Case was filed in superior Court against the insurance company for the driver of the vehicle, and a second lawsuit was filed against the couple’s own automobile insurance company, in pursuit of underinsured and uninsured motorist claims arising out of the fatal collision, including the surviving spouse’s own statutorily-recognized consortium claims under New Hampshire’s amended wrongful death statute.
- Construction Site Carelessness
- Represented young male welder’s assistant who was electrocuted while working at commercial construction site. Construction companies at the site were cited by O.S.H.A. for multiple violations, including locating a “scissors lift” too close to live power lines. Client suffered multiple severe injuries, including permanent scarring and disfigurement. Suit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire against multiple Defendants. After substantial discovery conducted jointly by our firm and Massachusetts co-counsel, the case was settled during a private mediation session.
Click here for full-text of Plaintiff’s federal complaint
- Represented millworker who was injured when on-site construction company carelessly left exposed cables dangling on elevated walkway. Client suffered significant injuries, and lost substantial time from work. After suit was filed in Coos County Superior Court, insurance company for construction company settled case prior to trial. Settlement included negotiation with worker’s compensation company for millworker over mandated repayment of benefits.